Wednesday 8 April 2015

What’s next for the 3D printing industry

Now that I am becoming more knowledgeable with 3D printing and what its been used for I always try to think about what could be next for 3D printing. There are so many possibilities and to think that anything is possible is quite intriguing. Being in a business program and constantly thinking about what’s next in my career path I am now considering how I can put 3D printing to use effectively and with meaning. Create some sort of niche.

Its always been in my blood to be an entrepreneur and this might just be the key. I think about the advancements that 3D printing has taken on from heading to space, to helping solve medical wonders/surgeries to creating one of a kind artwork. After looking extensively into it and gaining the knowledge that 3D printing will be the next “big thing” or the “it” thing, it would definitely be a path worth exploring. If I were to create a business around it, I would do something practical and get kids involved. I am a trained teacher and the idea that kids learn best with hands on experiences would be beneficial, especially in this case. . Growing up I started in Montessori based learning and it was all about exploring with touching, feeling, doing, creating and I was able to self teach myself as many kids do what works and what doesn’t. Bringing this to the business world of creating a store that people can come in and print or create their own projects and explore with creative ideas and having them print in actual 3D objects would be something unusual and new. Kids and adults alike would have the ability to create objects that they could use in every day life.—designing new bowls, plates, games, objects, knickknacks,  tools, anything that they could possibly imagine. If people could walk into a local place and design, create and actually print a working and functional game or toy that’s one of a kind they could feel like they are the next Einstein.  To answer the questions what’s next for the 3D printing industry, I personally believe the consumer is going to have more control in what is created. They will have the ability to create things that they can imagine with a simple click of a button. Other industries will be hurt because people will be content with creating personalized objects that they can have a story behind rather that buying a dish or game at places like Wal-Mart they will be able to just print new plates and replicas of games that they know of.

As our world progresses and this industry becomes more popular in the westernized culture, I hope that children become more involved in the creative process rather than sitting at the TV screen. Our society will change and hopefully become less materialistic wanting brand name items and turn to the personalized items. The future is endless with 3D printing and exploring the different items that can be printed cause when it comes right down to it anything can be made with the right coding of a computer program.

If you could choose one thing to make today with a 3D printer, what would it be? I can assure you that within my lifetime it will probably happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment